Vascular Solutions, Inc. / Teleflex Inc., Maple Grove, MN 55369 6/8/2004 to Present
Software Development Lead 1/1/2015 to Present
- Same daily duties as Systems Analyst/Developer II position. Additionally:
- Evaluated and deployed new development technologies for the team, such as Xamarin apps and Visual Studio Team Services rollout.
- Developed new processes and templates around new technologies.
- Regularly improved team practices, such as rolling out improved security mechanisms.
Systems Analyst/Developer II 1/1/2014 to 1/1/2015
- Developed software packages for all aspects of the business.
- Set up frameworks and systems for the team to improve project efficiency and visibility.
- Built tools to quickly roll out new apps, including automatic app template customization based on stakeholder requests.
- Built distributed computing and background automation tools to minimize on-device workloads, such as having a website kick off a job on a different server, and displaying progress updates for the user.
- Managed web, application, and database servers for all apps built in-house.
- Handled full project life cycle, from initial ingestion to post-launch user experience, including meeting with employees at all levels of the business for input when relevant.
Senior Production Technician 10/25/2010 to 1/1/2014
- Developed software to increase quality and decrease operator time/input in multiple production areas.
- Developed large scale software system to provide a common interface for controlling networked equipment.
- Developed rate-tracking “plugins” for the software system mentioned above.
- Aided in roll-out of third-party software systems.
- Designed fixtures and tools to increase operator efficiencies.
Senior Shipping/Receiving Coordinator 3/5/2007 to 10/25/2010
- Developed software to aid in various shipping and materials tasks.
- Maintained and improved existing shipping/materials specific databases.
- Aided outside software shops in setting up integration solutions with the ERP system.
- Worked to create better, more descriptive, manufacturing processes for a same-day-shipping configurable product line. These processes halved training time compared to original times.
- Quickly trained in all aspects of department, including MRP/ERP theory.
- Gained ability to work well under pressure due to being a same-day shipper.
Assembler 10/24/2005 to 3/5/2007
- Quickly moved to a more detail oriented position within the department.
- Created numerous, extremely accurate, utilities to aid with monitoring of timeliness, efficiency, and materials.
- Worked with engineers in development of new manufacturing processes.
IT Intern 6/8/2004 to 8/3/2004
- Aided IT associate in various IT tasks throughout the corporation.